The Rev. George Coyne, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, said placing intelligent design theory alongside that of evolution in school programs was 'wrong' and was akin to mixing apples with oranges.
'Intelligent design isn't science even though it pretends to be,' the ANSA news agency quoted Coyne as saying on the sidelines of a conference in Florence. 'If you want to teach it in schools, intelligent design should be taught when religion or cultural history is taught, not science.'
Friday, November 18, 2005
Vatican Official Refutes Intelligent Design - Yahoo! News:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
11/13 - 11/20
- Your Government At Work (Big Brother Over-protects...
- A New Record For Atlantic Storms
- Color My Blog
- Newsday.com: Iraqi guards seen as death squads
- Let Them Be Sick And Stupid -- NOT
- Scrooge Recants At FEMA
- The Race Is On
- Finally Getting Serious At The Pentagon?
- Woody Opens New Hole In White House
- What The Hell!?
- The Good Murtha
- WSJ.com - Bush's Approval Rating Falls Again, Poll...
- MyDD :: Democratic Independence Grows
- Is Woody Lying, Too?
- Is That A Lighter In Your Pocket?
- Blunt Not Too Sharp
- Teaching American Business Practices To The Iraqis...
- CNN.com - U.S. air cargo still vulnerable to terro...
- Foreign Service Officers File Complaint with GAO; ...
- I Couldn't Keep Up
- Report Says Ex-Chief of Public TV Violated Federal...
- Americans Realizing "You Get What You Pay For?"
- Shakespeare's Sister On Corrupt Elections
- THE BRAD BLOG: "The Staggeringly Impossible Result...
- The New York Review of Books: The End of News?
- firedoglake: Did Rover Roll Over?
- The Biggest Threat Goes Undefended
- What We "Don't Do" Can Kill You
- Asterisks Dot White House's Iraq Argument -- WaPo
- JMM Takes Apart Mehlman Spew
- ▼ 11/13 - 11/20 (31)
- ► 2003 (7)