AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - In a last-ditch effort to secure a speedy trial, former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's attorneys asked Friday for the state's highest criminal court to dismiss charges against him or order a lower court to try him immediately.Where else can a money-laundering sycophant go for help these day?
The money laundering and conspiracy case against the Republican congressman has been on hold while prosecutors appeal a judge's dismissal of some of the charges.
DeLay attorney Dick DeGuerin took the case to the all-GOP Texas Court of Criminal Appeals a day after a lower appeals court denied his request that the case be sent back to the trial court or expedited through the appeals process.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
My Way News:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
12/25 - 01/01
- The DeLay-Abramoff Money Trail
- (JABBS): Large Numbers Of Americans Remain Ignoran...
- Daily Kos: Torturing children
- CBS News | Billions In 9/11 Loans Botched | Decemb...
- CBS News | White House Web Site Revelation | Decem...
- Police Kill 20 Sudanese Protestors in Cairo - New ...
- Justice Dept. Opens Inquiry Into Leak of Domestic ...
- Zeta Sets A New Record For Named Storms
- The Doomsday Scenario At DOD -- d-u-m
- Daily Kos: British torture memos
- Iraq wants a non-partisan, unbiased opinion on ele...
- CBS News | Ex-Enron Accountant Pleads Guilty |
- Daily Kos: 10,000 Kurds In Iraqi Army Ready To Fig...
- Political Wire: Quote of the Day
- Democrats & Liberals:: Bush's Lewinsky Moment
- Pensito Review » GOP Investigated Pres. Clinton’s ...
- UPI - Bush was denied wiretaps, bypassed them
- Daily Kos: Welcome To ScAlito World: Abortion
- DeLay Appeals To Cronies
- Big Brother Is Watching -- The World!
- ▼ 12/25 - 01/01 (21)
- ► 2003 (7)