Conyers Introduces Resolution Censuring Bush & CheneyWow again! Sic 'em, John!
Rep. John Conyers of Michigan, ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, just introduced a resolution of censure for both President Bush and Vice-President Cheney in the House of Representatives. He also is asking Congress to create a select committee (ie, like the Ervin Committee, which investigated Watergate) to investigate whether Bush's actions rise to the level of impeachable offenses.
Simultaneously, the Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee have released a report called The Constitution in Crisis; The Downing Street Minutes and Deception, Manipulation, Torture, Retribution, and Coverups in the Iraq War. You can download it here.
You can find out more, and sign a petition supporting Conyers, here.
Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at December 20, 2005 11:52 AM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
A Tiny Revolution: Conyers Introduces Resolution Censuring Bush & Cheney:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
12/18 - 12/25
- Barron’s: Congress Should Consider Impeacment… | T...
- Italian Judge Issues New Warrants For CIA Operativ...
- U.S. Appeals Court: Oh, No! Not This Time!
- CBS News | Judge Quits Spy Court | December 21, 20...
- Cheney Scrooges The Nation
- A Tiny Revolution: Conyers Introduces Resolution C...
- DeLay's Hubris Overwhelms
- F.B.I. Watched Activist Groups, New Files Show
- Senate Plans Bush Hearings
- Still Lying, I See
- Score One For Sanity
- ▼ 12/18 - 12/25 (11)
- ► 2003 (7)