Dubai Company Gives Up On Ports Deal - CBS News:
"The offer by the Dubai company to sell the port facilities it just bought in New York, Newark, New Orleans and other cities followed a clear signal from Congress that it was not going to let this deal stand, regardless of strong support from President Bush. Despite administration pleas that Dubai is an ally and a help in the fight against terrorists, Congress was responding to a visceral reaction from voters around the country to the idea of a company owned by an Arab government running American ports. "
If this holds, the people have finally been heard. I certainly hope so...
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
03/05 - 03/12
- Six Months Until Bird Flu Hits U.S.? - CBS News
- Close And Closer...
- Dubai Company Gives Up On Ports Deal - CBS News
- Once Upon a Time...: Holy Mother of God
- Higher Debt Ceiling Sought - CBS News
- The Anonymous Liberal: Putting to Rest the Adminis...
- More Evidence That Ohio Vote Was Fixed
- Start The Countdown
- Our intelligence czar at work
- ▼ 03/05 - 03/12 (9)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)