Friday, March 31, 2006

Firedoglake - Firedoglake weblog » Thoughts on the Censure Hearing

Firedoglake - Firedoglake weblog » Thoughts on the Censure Hearing:
"I’m just feeling a bit disgusted at the lack of participation by Senators on both sides of the aisle on this, who have decided to put short-term political considerations above concerns for the long-term welfare of our Constitutional Republic. And I can’t help but sit here and hum that 'We the People…' song about the Preamble to the Constitution from those old Schoolhouse Rock cartoons I used to watch as a kid. And wonder how anyone in a position such as this, who has taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, can then sit back and not do so in this very situation."

Christy get's it right, and I can taste her feelings of anger and disgust with what's going on in the Capital. Oh, wait, that's my own bile coming up. She is so right!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive