The United States is no longer a symbol of hope to Britain and the British no longer have confidence in their transatlantic cousins to lead global affairs, according to the poll published in The Daily Telegraph.Now, if only the rest of us can step outside the box long enough, we might have some real change here. I said might.
The YouGov poll found that 77 percent of respondents disagreed with the statement that the US is 'a beacon of hope for the world'.
Monday, July 03, 2006
Britons tire of cruel, vulgar US: poll - Yahoo! News:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/02 - 07/09
- Times' Editor Agrees With Cosmogenium
- Gun Lobby Pulls House's String
- Gun Lobby Controls House
- Save The Voting Rights Act!
- Feeling Safer? You're Delusional!
- Economists Disagree With Bush
- Lamont Wins Debate With Turncoat Joe
- You Mean It Isn't Because Of Too Many Trees?
- Another Bush Ally Indicted
- House Finds Some Backbone
- On A Brighter Note...
- N.Y. Court Displays Homophobia
- The Experts Concur
- Uh, Wow
- And If That Wasn't Enough...
- We Are Losing The War On Terrorism
- The Brits Get It
- ▼ 07/02 - 07/09 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)