Lieberman Jousts With Anti-War Foe, Connecticut Senator Faces Stiff Challenge In Democratic Primary - CBS News: "The race has garnered national and international attention. The debate was televised by MSNBC and C-SPAN. About 50 reporters were on hand at the WVIT-TV studios Thursday night, ranging from the Times of London to the Christian Broadcasting Network.
Scott McLean, chairman of the political science department at Quinnipiac University, said he believed both candidates, especially Lamont, accomplished their respective goals in what may be the only debate of the primary race.
'I do think what this debate has done is it has solidified Ned Lamont. These types of situations only help the challenger,' McLean said. 'The bottom line is, Ned Lamont gained more from this debate. He went toe to toe. He gave as good as he got. He didn't make any huge mistakes.'
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/02 - 07/09
- Times' Editor Agrees With Cosmogenium
- Gun Lobby Pulls House's String
- Gun Lobby Controls House
- Save The Voting Rights Act!
- Feeling Safer? You're Delusional!
- Economists Disagree With Bush
- Lamont Wins Debate With Turncoat Joe
- You Mean It Isn't Because Of Too Many Trees?
- Another Bush Ally Indicted
- House Finds Some Backbone
- On A Brighter Note...
- N.Y. Court Displays Homophobia
- The Experts Concur
- Uh, Wow
- And If That Wasn't Enough...
- We Are Losing The War On Terrorism
- The Brits Get It
- ▼ 07/02 - 07/09 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)