"No one disputes that our nation has come a long way since the Voting Rights Act was first signed into law. But while it would be nice to think we don't need this legislation anymore, we do. We still struggle with the legacy of institutionalized racism. If either of the act's two sections under attack is weakened or allowed to expire, the door will be opened to a new round of discriminatory practices."
Friday, July 07, 2006
Don't Dismantle the Voting Rights Act - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/02 - 07/09
- Times' Editor Agrees With Cosmogenium
- Gun Lobby Pulls House's String
- Gun Lobby Controls House
- Save The Voting Rights Act!
- Feeling Safer? You're Delusional!
- Economists Disagree With Bush
- Lamont Wins Debate With Turncoat Joe
- You Mean It Isn't Because Of Too Many Trees?
- Another Bush Ally Indicted
- House Finds Some Backbone
- On A Brighter Note...
- N.Y. Court Displays Homophobia
- The Experts Concur
- Uh, Wow
- And If That Wasn't Enough...
- We Are Losing The War On Terrorism
- The Brits Get It
- ▼ 07/02 - 07/09 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)