"Unlike the first President Bush, who viewed himself as a neutral arbiter in the delicate politics of the Middle East, the current president sees his role through the prism of the fight against terrorism. This President Bush, unlike his father, also has deep roots in the evangelical Christian community, a staunchly pro-Israeli component of his conservative Republican base."In other words, W doesn't want to be "left behind" and would welcome the arrival of Armageddonn. The support of Israel by the evangelicals is the most cynical, disingenuous display of dogmatic fatalism since Constantine!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
BushÂ?s Embrace of Israel Shows Gap With Father - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/30 - 08/06
- Dems Stand Tall In Face Of Rep Ploy
- Jane And FDL Make The Big Show!
- Rummy Still Drinking The Koolaid
- Hillary Gets Feisty
- Those Welcoming Open Arms Of Appreciation
- Count Alabama As Permanently Red
- Spreading Security Like We Spread Democracy
- Pants Are Smoking At The Pentagon
- Reverse Joe-mentum
- Even The Handpicked Generals Know
- Murtha Was Right
- Cost Of War About To Go Up
- Finally Starting To Get It?
- EPA Follows NASA Into FUBAR-land
- Meanwhile In That Other War...
- Bush Imminentizing The Eschaton?
- She Just Can't Help It
- Return Of Reason In Kansas School Board
- More From The Business-First Government
- Another Way We're "N umber One"
- More Crap From The House Of Republicans
- ▼ 07/30 - 08/06 (21)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)