An online blog called Firedoglake revealed that Mr. Lieberman owned shares in mutual funds that held Halliburton stock. Other blogs latched onto the July 20 item, Lamont aides alerted reporters and soon it had found its way into local newspapers, tempering Mr. Lieberman’s attack.Way to go, Jane! You rule! Keep it up! P.S.: They still don't get it, but at least they're taking notice. P.P.S.: Nice pic in the article!
This was one example of how the Lamont campaign tried to harness the energy, anger and muckraking zeal of an expanding network of blogs in its effort to unseat Mr. Lieberman, the three-term senator. Dozens of liberal and antiwar bloggers, some of them from across the country but many others in Connecticut, have rallied to Mr. Lamont’s cause. In their blogs — a frequent publication of personal thoughts and Web links, often done chronologically — they file daily posts attacking, investigating or just tweaking Mr. Lieberman while spreading a pro-Lamont message.
Friday, August 04, 2006
In Race, Bloggers Throw Curves and Spitballs - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/30 - 08/06
- Dems Stand Tall In Face Of Rep Ploy
- Jane And FDL Make The Big Show!
- Rummy Still Drinking The Koolaid
- Hillary Gets Feisty
- Those Welcoming Open Arms Of Appreciation
- Count Alabama As Permanently Red
- Spreading Security Like We Spread Democracy
- Pants Are Smoking At The Pentagon
- Reverse Joe-mentum
- Even The Handpicked Generals Know
- Murtha Was Right
- Cost Of War About To Go Up
- Finally Starting To Get It?
- EPA Follows NASA Into FUBAR-land
- Meanwhile In That Other War...
- Bush Imminentizing The Eschaton?
- She Just Can't Help It
- Return Of Reason In Kansas School Board
- More From The Business-First Government
- Another Way We're "N umber One"
- More Crap From The House Of Republicans
- ▼ 07/30 - 08/06 (21)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)