KABUL, Afghanistan, Aug. 1 — Three British soldiers were killed and one wounded in an ambush in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday, just one day after NATO took over command of the region from the United States, a NATO military statement said.Still there, still breeding terrorists. Uh, I mean, insurgents.
Nine British soldiers have died in the two months since they were deployed to the province of Helmand, where they have encountered intense resistance from insurgents, often in well-laid ambushes.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
3 British Soldiers Killed in Ambush in Southern Afghanistan - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/30 - 08/06
- Dems Stand Tall In Face Of Rep Ploy
- Jane And FDL Make The Big Show!
- Rummy Still Drinking The Koolaid
- Hillary Gets Feisty
- Those Welcoming Open Arms Of Appreciation
- Count Alabama As Permanently Red
- Spreading Security Like We Spread Democracy
- Pants Are Smoking At The Pentagon
- Reverse Joe-mentum
- Even The Handpicked Generals Know
- Murtha Was Right
- Cost Of War About To Go Up
- Finally Starting To Get It?
- EPA Follows NASA Into FUBAR-land
- Meanwhile In That Other War...
- Bush Imminentizing The Eschaton?
- She Just Can't Help It
- Return Of Reason In Kansas School Board
- More From The Business-First Government
- Another Way We're "N umber One"
- More Crap From The House Of Republicans
- ▼ 07/30 - 08/06 (21)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)