Monday, February 12, 2007

Hooray For The Dixie Chicks!

E! News - Grammys Make Nice with Chicks - Red Hot Chili Peppers | Justin Timberlake | Carrie Underwood

The Chicks won every Grammy for which they were nominated, including best album and best song. It's about time they got the recognition they deserved and sweet revenge after being black-listed for exercising their first amendment rights during the run-up to the Iraq war.

I have to admit I was not a big fan of theirs before the remarks that got them in trouble with the country crowd (I'm not in that crowd), but I came to admire their courage and strength of character in the aftermath of their "coming out" against the war and BushCo. I hope this latest victory for them shows their former fans that speaking out against bullshit is not a handicap but is rather a sign of maturity and integrity.

You go, grrrrrls!

technorati tags:, , , ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive