Afghans Seek Men Who Killed Broadcaster as She Slept - New York Times
Whether it's the Taliban or just Islamist militants of some other ilk, this is disgraceful. What kind of "democracy" exists in Afghanistan, and where will it be a few years down the road if women are suppressed and forced to be subservient once again in the name of Islam or any other pretense?
Human rights, especially those of women, are trampled every day in most of the Middle East. Our invasions and occupations have not helped (and in the case of Iraq, have hurt). We need to raise the standard of living for the general population in this and other regions. Sanctions and war will not change the situation and only seem to make it worse.
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
06/03 - 06/10
- Olbermann: Latest J.F.K. Terror Plot *DEBUNKED!*
- Yet Another Crony Resigns
- Steeplejacking -- How the Christian Right is Hijac...
- A Torturer Repents?
- Gonzales no-confidence vote set for Monday
- Impeachment on a Roll
- Another Bush Crony Won't Give Up His Post
- Cheney's Law
- Godless in Union Square
- Another Woman Journalist Killed In Afghanistan
- Yeah, We'll Get Back To You On That
- What About The Rule Of Law?
- Pakistan Arrests Hundreds From Opposition Parties
- Bush's Libby Dilemma
- Jefferson Steps Down
- No Kidding?
- Nancy, You Got Some 'Splainin' To Do!
- Scooter Going To Jail
- Go F**k Yourself, Dick!
- Mushareff Cracks Down On Media In Pakistan
- I Love Vermont!
- Reasons We Are In Iraq
- U.S. Cutting Back On Climate Monitoring
- Was JFK Plot Another Overblown Distraction?
- Pray the Gay Away
- U.S. - India Nuke Deal Talks Breakdown
- ▼ 06/03 - 06/10 (26)
- ► 2006 (690)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)