"The Huffington Post reached FBI spokesman Richard Kalko by phone, who at first said he would have no comment about the ACORN investigation. (No surprise.)
But when told that the McCain campaign had sent out a memo alleging that Barack Obama had critical information to the case, Kalko asked for more details.
'When did they send that out?' he asked. When told it was a fresh release, Kalko asked the Huffington Post to forward him Davis's statement. 'I'd like to take a look at that,' Kalko said. 'Though I don't want to get your hopes up that I'll comment.'
Moments later, Kalko emailed back, writing: 'We have no comment on this issue.'
Reached again by phone and asked whether Davis's release would be taken seriously as an investigatory matter, Kalko merely said: 'It's just too political for us to be involved. We're just going to hide under our desks over here. Sorry.'"
Thursday, October 16, 2008
FBI: McCain Camp ACORN Statement "Too Political For Us To Be Involved":
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
10/12 - 10/19
- FBI: McCain Camp ACORN Statement "Too Political Fo...
- Voter-Fraud Fraud: The New Yorker
- Update: 'Joe the Plumber' is related to Charles Ke...
- Massive RNC "Ayers" Robocall Campaign May Violate ...
- Just A Minute With: Paulo Coelho on digital media
- A Different Sarah; Very Different
- Barack Obama & Joe Biden's Rescue Plan for the Mid...
- Exclusive: Inside Account of US Eavesdropping on A...
- Alaska Paper Bashes Palin for Claiming She's "Vind...
- Judge: GOP's voter purge a 'violation of federal l...
- ▼ 10/12 - 10/19 (10)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)